Vegan 5-Layer Sweet Potato Lasagna
- Lasagna noodles (box of your favorite)
- Cashew cream (see Hollandaise recipe)
- Raos spaghetti sauce (why make your own when this is quick and delish!? I use their larger 32oz jar)
- Tofu scramble
- Sweet potatoes (2 to 3 depending on size)
- Wash, peel, and cut sweet potatoes into length-wise pieces so they’ll lay flat against the noodle
- Boil water in large pot. To save time I put the sweet potatoes in first and let them boil. Once they’re done take them out but DO NOT drain the water. Keep the water and add the noodles in.
- Make your cashew cream
- Make your tofu scramble. (Sauté extra firm tofu with 1/2 onion chopped and 1 to 2 TBS of nutritional yeast. Add salt and pepper to taste.)
- Assemble layers. I usually do:
- sweet potatoes (add more sauce if you like)
- cashew cream & tofu (add more sauce if you like)
- Then I start mixing things if I feel like it. You can do whatever layers you prefer—singular or combined.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Add your fave vegan cheese to the top layer
- Add mix-ins to your tofu scramble such as mushrooms, garlic, or spinach